Some people may think that the harder they work, the more they will achieve. While this may be true in some professions, knowing how to work smarter, not harder will lead to a happier, less stressed life and increased productivity. These 5 tips can help you on your way to working smart.
- Take more breaks – on average, our brains are only able to focus for 90 minutes at a time, and then need 20 minutes to relax. Respecting your body’s natural chemistry and taking breaks throughout the day can help re-energize you and help reset your attention span.
- Take naps – naps can lead to improved cognitive function, creative thinking, and memory performance. Napping also helps the learning process, which helps people take in and retain information. Naps can also help people avoid feeling burnt out.
- Spend time in nature – something as simple as eating your lunch in a park or walking down a quiet street can let your mind fully relax which will allow you to focus when you go back to work.
- Plan the night before – write out your to do list the night before. This will help reduce your anxiety, allowing you to sleep better, and know exactly where to start the next day.
- Build habits to help you stop working – although this may seem a bit counterproductive, allowing yourself to stop working can help you be more productive the next day and make sure you are giving your work your full attention. Small things such as setting a firm cut off time for work or planning something when you get off can help build your habit of stopping work.
Mike’s Unstoppable Profit Producer Program can lead your insurance agency in the smarter not harder direction. The program will teach your agents how to work less, earn more, and enjoy more freedom.