As a business owner, you strive to recruit and retain the highest quality employees to represent your company brand. Sadly, retention rates have begun to plummet in recent years. While it may seem like you have only wasted time in interviewing, hiring, and training a new employee that has a fast turnover, your company also suffers financially from high turnover rates. Compiled are some tips to help you drive retention rates back to normal:
- Keep in mind that compensation is not as critical of a role as you may have previously thought.
- Turn your employee value proposition mentality into job value proposition. Rather than explaining the specifics of the job description upon hiring, honestly explain the pros and cons of the position so that you can attract those who fit the job right from the get go.
- Employees expect the opportunity to grow within a company. They are expecting career opportunities at the end of their path.
- Many employers fail to recognize the importance of a suitable work environment. Security comes first for most employees, and then they begin to think about the level of appreciation they receive for their hard work and other factors.
For more of these wonderful tips, be sure to contact Mike’s Unstoppable Profit Producer Program. This program can lead your organization to success.
Creating a positive work environment can help raise employee moral and maintain a positive work environment. Although the employees of a company can help in creating the overall environment, it is ultimately up to the supervisors that set the tone in a company. These 10 easy ideas can help create a positive work environment and lead to increased productivity in the company.
- Encouraging trust – employees who know they can trust their supervisor will be more loyal which will lead to thriving employees.
- Demonstrate positive communication – being open with employees and being open to new ideas can help lead to a more positive work environment. It is also important to be receptive to employee feedback.
- Encourage staff to be their best – having high expectations for employees and providing positive reinforcement will encourage employees to do their best.
- Create team spirit – part basic human nature is the need to feel as if you are part of a group. Creating a sense of unity will allow your employees to feel as if they are part of a team, which will increase the smoothness of business, and decrease tardiness and absenteeism.
- Offer recognition and appreciation – a simple thank you or good job will go a long way.
- Be accessible – having an open-door policy will allow employees to feel as if they can come to you with any problems they may be encountering. Closed doors give the impression of barriers between the levels of employees.
- Offer credit and be responsible – when things are going well, always make sure to give credit where credit is due. This also goes the opposite way of assuming responsibility when things are not going the right way.
- Present an encouraging physical environment – small things such as natural light and keeping the office clean will go along way to creating a positive work environment.
- Make evaluations an encourage experience – employee evaluations are a great way to provide positive feedback. If an employee needs further development, don’t only focus on what they don’t know, make sure to point out what they are doing right as well.
- Make room for fun – welcoming celebrations is a great way to create a positive and fun work environment.
Mike’s Unstoppable Profit Producer Program encourages you to make sure that you are creating the most positive work environment for your employees and remember to contact them when you want to learn how to enjoy more freedom when it comes to your insurance agency.