Looking to hire? Consider these tips to find the right match.
As a business owner, you know that your team makes your company. They drive the business, make sales, and are the heart of a business. This means that there is pressure to find the right employees to suit your business. Not only do they have to have all the qualifications on paper, but they need to mesh well with your company’s culture. Having a clear and solid culture allows your business to function better. So, how do you select the right people?
Here are some tips to help!
- At the start of the first interview, ask the candidate what specifically draws them to your company. This is an easy way to work out which candidates haven’t done their homework. The best candidate will go as far as reflecting on your core values.
- Look beyond why they would be a good fit. Think about potential reasons why they wouldn’t suit your company culture and how that would be managed.
- Ask each candidate to submit a two-minute video explaining why they would be a good fit. Don’t give any more direction than that. The candidate will, hopefully, let their personality shine through with the freedom.
- Ask the candidate to rate themselves from 0-5 and then explain their score on such traits as servant leadership, positive energy, teamwork, and a self-starter.
- Tailor questions to suit your unique company, including core values and standard practices. This will help to narrow down if the candidate suits your
These tips can help you narrow down your search in finding someone suitable for your agency. To learn more about how to be successful in your business, contact Mike Stromsoe’s Unstoppable Profit Producer Program. We can offer guidance, helping you perfect your professional posture. We also offer a premier wealth creation program that helps you to work less, earn more, and enjoy life.