With Earth Day just around the corner, it is important to think of ways that your business can go green. Making these 10 small changes to your business can help change your business into a green business.
- Refurbish office furniture – if it is possible, refurbish old office furniture instead of buying new pieces. It can not only save your business money, but it can help the environment as well.
- Choose suppliers that take back packaging – this is not only better for the environment by reusing the packaging, but it can help cut costs down for both companies.
- Encourage emails – whenever possible, encourage employees and clients to communicate through email to cut down on paper waste.
- Print double sided – this can help cut down the amount of paper used at your business, which can also help save you money in supplies.
- Reduce fax related paper waste – if it is avoidable, fax documents without a cover page to reduce the amount of paper that needs to be printed.
- Turn off equipment – when equipment, such as computers and printers, are not being used, turn them off. This can help reduce your businesses energy usage.
- Turn off taps completely – dripping water can waste thousands of gallons of water a year and cost your business a lot of money.
- Encourage carpooling – giving perks to those employees who carpool, such as a front parking spot, can help reduce your company’s overall emissions.
- Use energy efficient bulbs – replacing all light bulbs in the office with energy efficient ones can help cut down on the amount of energy used throughout the building.
- Buy remanufactured ink and toner cartridges – one returned ink cartridge can keep 2.5 pounds of metal out of landfills, and remanufacturing one toner cartridge can save about half a gallon of oil.
Mike’s Unstoppable Profit Producer Program encourages you to make your business as green as possible. They would also like to teach you how to enjoy more freedom when it comes to your insurance agency.