A Few Scientifically Proven Ways To Boost Workplace Happiness
Business owners like to think that their companies are wonderful places to work. If, however, you can think back to your days in the trenches, you likely remember a boss or two who was completely unaware of the daily struggles you faced in the workplace. Fortunately, you do not have to be that kind of leader. To increase workplace happiness, ultimately improving employee retention, use these scientifically proven techniques.
- Stay Involved: Employees who feel they are involved in the workplace work harder and better than those who are disconnected. Offer regular performance evaluations, recognition for successes, benefits packages, and continuing education to make your team feel like they are getting out as much as they are putting in.
- Consider Flexing: You may be hesitant to offer flex hours because it will offer you less control of the work that gets done outside of standard business hours, but studies show the freedom flex hours offer can actually increase quality of work. Let your employees create their own clock, and you can increase satisfaction and retention.
- Get Active: If you have sat in one place for an eight hour day, you know that it can feel pretty tedious. Consider adding a ten minute morning break to allow your team to take a walk around the block, offering gym memberships, implementing standing desks, and planning team outings that get you moving to offer your employees more energy throughout the day.
You deserve to be happy in the workplace, too, so contact Mike Stromsoe’s Unstoppable Profit Producer Program. We offer a premier wealth creation program to make it possible for you to work less, earn more, and enjoy life! For additional insight into the path to success, sign up for the “Leave No Regrets” Boot Camp in San Diego this November.
Make 2015 Your Best Business Year Yet With These Action Items
The holiday season is, for the most part, behind us and most of us are finally getting some time to stop and catch our breath. As we do, we look forward to a fresh beginning with the New Year just around the corner. While you work on your list of resolutions for 2015, you should also think about the kind of changes you would like to see in your business in the next year. As small business owners, you have a lot on your plate each day and taking advantage of this special time of year to clear some head space and prioritize will propel you towards business success in the coming year.
To get you started, we would like to offer a few resolutions that you might want to add to your list:
- Try Something New: This is not just a resolution for your personal list. You encourage continuing education in your employees, right? Apply that to yourself as well. Do you struggle to understand your financial statements? Get the training you need. Do you have regular typos in your emails? Work on expanding your vocabulary and writing skills next year.
- Build Your Team: If you have any standout employees, let them know that you see their hard work. If you have an employee who you know is holding your team back, dialogue with them about making serious changes. If they cannot implement them, do not be afraid to let them go. Cultivate a healthy company culture and productivity will rise.
- Get Out More: We live in a fast-paced business world, but taking the time to slow down and meet your clients face to face will make you a standout in the industry. And while you are out of the office, start looking for industry events. The networking and learning you can do at one brief event makes it well work the time away from the office.
For guidance on maximizing your business productivity and profit in the New Year, contact Mike Stromsoe today! Mike Stromsoe’s Unstoppable Profit Producer Program is a premier wealth creation program that will help you work less, earn more, and enjoy life. Do not hesitate to call today!