If you dismiss the significance of online reviews of your business you could be making a big mistake. More and more people are turning to these reviews to help them make a buying decision. With 60% of us using smartphones, these reviews are accessible to most of us instantly from anywhere. Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind in managing your online reputation.
- Start with a simple Google Search of your company name. Make sure you review a few pages of returns to give you an idea of what is out there.
- Search your company name under “Google Images”.
- There are blog search engines like Technorati that can help search blogs for any mentions of your organization.
- Make sure you actively monitor your social media and respond professionally and courteously to any negative comments posted.
- Google has an alert program you can sign up for that will let you know anytime your company name is mentioned on the internet.
- Encourage your happy customers to post good reviews of their experience online. Print up a card to let them know where they can submit their reviews.
An online reputation is particularly important for small business owners. It is time to see what’s out there and work to improve it.