Whether you chose the wrong location to begin, got a really great deal on another location, are changing cities or states, or something else entirely, moving your small business can be rather complex and complicated. There’s a lot that the business owner has to think about, from planning the move and packing inventory to determining whether employees should relocate.
Luckily, there are a few strategies that you can put to use to simplify your small business move when it comes to the move announcement.
- You need to first let your employees know about the move. Do it in a meeting so everyone – whether it’s two or 20 employees – can be notified at the exact same time.
- Ensure all employees are aware of their responsibilities when it comes to the move. The IT department may be responsible for packing up the company’s computer equipment and setting it all up at the new location.
- Create a marketing campaign so that clients, vendors and other aspects of your business network can be notified of your move.
- Make certain that all letterheads, business cards, signage, etc. are updated to reflect the new location.
- Be ready to start immediately on building yourself, your brand and your entire company at your new location. In fact, pieces should already be in place before you’re fully moved in.
For those in the insurance sector, Mike’s Unstoppable Profit Producer Program is a valuable program for business owners to realize success in their business. Make sure to contact Mike for more information.